Baked salami mozzarella bites will be the next big hit at any party, tailgate, or family reunion, and will have you running back for more. Extremely easy to make and takes little time. It could be a great healthy snack as well.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 32 bites
- 8 sticks mozzarella string cheese, cut in half, lengthwise, and then cut in half again, crosswise
- 32 square wonton wrappers
- 32 rounds of salami
- olive oil
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- pizza, marinara, or spaghetti sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a piece of salami near the bottom corner of the wonton wrapper, then lay a piece of string cheese on top of that. Wrap tightly like a burrito, by folding the bottom corner over cheese, rolling one turn, folding sides in, and continue to roll (making sure the cheese is secure to prevent leaking.) Moisten remaining corner with water to seal.
- Repeat process with all the wonton wrappers; place on the baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden; turn and bake for another 5 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of your choosing and enjoy!
Pepperoni can be substituted for the salami.
Photo, recipe, and instruction credit to bellyfull.net