Everyone has a favorite neighborhood pizza parlor, but sometimes you want something a little fresher, maybe less greasy, and definitely more homecooked. If you have fond memories of making personal pizzas in your flour-covered kitchen as a kid, these recipes are a fun way to make homemade pizzas that still feel sophisticated and taste unbelievably good!
Make Your Base
To make your own pizza base, mix up 300g bread mix following the pack instructions. Don’t rise or knead it – just roll it into a rough 30cm circle on a baking sheet.
Or you can buy a ready-made pizza dough from the supermarket. Fresh dough is usually available at the bakery counter.
Choose Your Toppings
Top using suggestions below.
- Pizza 1: Ham, Mushroom and Rocket with Pesto Spread your base with the pesto. Top with thinly sliced ham or prosciutto, fresh mushrooms, sliced tomatoes and ground black pepper. Bake as instructed below, then top with a handful of rocket.
- Pizza 2: Spicy Pepperoni and Pepper Spread your base with marinara sauce. Top with pepperoni, red pepper flakes, sliced green pepper and mozzarella. Bake as instructed blow. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Pizza 3: Italian Goat Cheese and Veggie Put spinach into a colander, pour over a kettle of boiling water to wilt, then squeeze out any excess water. Spread base with pesto. Top with the spinach, fresh goat cheese, halved green olives and sliced cherry tomatoes. Bake as instructed below.
- Pizza 4: Crispy Bacon, Artichoke, and Ricotta Spread your base with ricotta cheese. Top with sliced artichokes, sliced black olives, and bacon. Bake as instructed below.
- Pizza 5: Beef, Basil, Tomato, and Mozzarella Fry beef mince with chopped onion and garlic in olive oil over a high heat for five minutes until browned. Spread marinara sauce on your base. Top with mince mixture, sliced cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella. Bake as instructed below. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves.
Heat oven to 400°F, then bake for 20-25 mins until crisp.
A good pizza depends on quality meats and cheeses, and at Carnivore Club we know the best cured meats and cheeses available. Using our French Rosette Salami, Finocchiona, or one of our artisanal hams on any of these pizzas will elevate your homemade pizza to restaurant worthy delicacy.